Somewhere near to the "Ultimate" BATcowl
Hey BATfans .... OK, so I've been a bit busy on other things lately but over the Easter break I've been able to progress a bit further ... so here's some piccys of exactly how far I've got! And here is the face plate (made from material as well) that will go inside the front of the face, that can be removed enabling the rest of the cowl to be washed!
Seriously, I actually can't believe how this is working out .... it's taking it's time, what with other things I have on etc, but I actually think I'm getting somewhere near to the "Ultimate BATcowl"!
I've tried this on and it actually falls down the back of my shoulders and looks VERY near to what is drawn in the comics .... the fun will really start when I start to take it apart and cut the pieces from the actual black material.
Have to also make a decision of whether to actually attach the cowl to the cape once it's complete, so creating an all in one effect or to keep it separate.
Every morning I look at the cowl on the mannequin and can't quite make my mind up yet, maybe once its produced in its real material, that will help with my decision!
I wonder if BATMAN had this problem, lol Hopefully I'll be posting more in a few days :0)