The EXO-skeleton idea
I've been pretty quiet posting on here lately, but that's not to say I haven't been working on my creation! I've actually been doing quite a bit, unfortunately I've just been lazy and not posted up any details how it's been going.
Pics have been taken, but again not nearly as many as I had hoped! Anyways ... I decided that I need something to bulk my frame up and show a bit of muscle, but without going to the gym lol ... so my answer was a Muscle Suit!
Have you seen the cost of a good one ... a fortune!!! ... so I decided to have a go and make one! Trawling the 'tinter-net' I fell up on a great YOUTUBE video with instructions of how to make an amazing one .... check out the video below.
After watching these videos I decided this was way too much work and so came up with my own version using more sewing than gluing ... so I gathered together loads of visual information of how muscle is formed on the skeleton and came up with the idea of creating a kind of EXO-skeleton with can be zipped up like a jacket with the arms and legs attaching seperately!
The EXO-skeleton idea will hopefully allow more movement as there will be 'gaps' in every muscle, thus again 'hopefully' letting me 'sit' down etc, well, that's the theory!
More work than I anticipated ... as usual!
So ... each muscle area had to be shaped/stylised and cut out of foam and then sandwiched between two pieces of materal, pulling the top piece as much as posible whilst sewing it so creating a 'rounded' effect, without having to shave the corners off the foam!
Once each piece had been cut it was then a case of attaching each piece together, forming a 'skeleton' using 2inch elastic, the sort used for waistbands in mens underwear.
The main chest and back piece has worked pretty well, if I 'say-so-myself'! Shoulders and arms next!