The rubber cowl I've used for the costume was a temporey measure, so now the fun begins, to create in my eyes the "ultimate" cowl! Drawings complete, material for template purchased ... no excuse but to start!
My idea is to create a template (or 'toile' pronounced 'twal') using some cheap material, then once I'm happy with it, after much taking apart and putting back together to get the right look and fit, to take the whole thing apart and use this as the 'pattern' or template to cut the real material for the finished cowl.
I'll be using the same material as I've used for the cape and the ultimate plan is to create the 'all in one' cape and cowl look ..... if possible!
First step, is the oversized bib which like every piece i'm cutting is way over sized to allow me to cut to the correct shape at a later date .... eight pieces later and some cursing at a sewing machine, that I have no idea how to use, I have what can only be described as something that resembles what a nun would wear!
Twelve hours later and I've actually got something that is starting to look like the "Holy Grail" of BATcowls..... Watch this space!